Sourcing bits for a GSG 1911lbp

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

38Super
Home club or Range: FDPC

Sourcing bits for a GSG 1911lbp

#1 Post by 38Super »

Does anyone know of a UK or European supplier who's got or can get parts for the GSG 1911.
If I buy one I'll be after mag bumpers, +4 followers and springs, the various upgrade parts, a Wilson ambi safety, a flat mainspring housing and some different grips. All easy stuff to get hold of in the states. wallhead
saddler

Re: Sourcing bits for a GSG 1911lbp

#2 Post by saddler »

German made....so have you looked at any of the German websites?

Egun.de
Frankonia
..or see if Waffen Journal has a list of advertisers/local shops
Brookers

#3 Post by Brookers »

Do I detect an itch to come and play in the pistol devision? Go on you know you want to and it's so much more fun.

Brookers
38Super

#4 Post by 38Super »

saddler wrote:German made....so have you looked at any of the German websites?
All the parts I'm after are after-market jobbies - all US made - so I need a European supplier who has stocks of standard 1911 frame goodies.

Neil - I've always had the itch to try LBP :p

I had decided that the K22 was just too much money to take a chance on (Xtrim+holster+mags=£1000). Especially with lots of reports of problems with the new mags, limited mag capacity (AFAIK) and my personal experience of them which has been very 'bang,bang,click!'.

I've just found out by chance that the GSG can be had for £500, I already have a holster for the 1911 frame and I know where I can get the +4 mag followers. All the parts are cheap (if you can get them) and fettling race guns is all part of the game. Lots of info online on how to sort out whatever problems there are.

I think I've just talked myself into it. There's nothing worse than a spare slot on your licence just begging to be filled. :good:
The Gun Pimp

#5 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Edgar Bros are now UK importers for the GSG 1911 - this one's made in Germany. I would imagine they will have a spares back-up. And yes, it's £495.
Brookers

#6 Post by Brookers »

38Super wrote:
saddler wrote:German made....so have you looked at any of the German websites?
All the parts I'm after are after-market jobbies - all US made - so I need a European supplier who has stocks of standard 1911 frame goodies.

Neil - I've always had the itch to try LBP :p

I had decided that the K22 was just too much money to take a chance on (Xtrim+holster+mags=£1000). Especially with lots of reports of problems with the new mags, limited mag capacity (AFAIK) and my personal experience of them which has been very 'bang,bang,click!'.

I've just found out by chance that the GSG can be had for £500, I already have a holster for the 1911 frame and I know where I can get the +4 mag followers. All the parts are cheap (if you can get them) and fettling race guns is all part of the game. Lots of info online on how to sort out whatever problems there are.

I think I've just talked myself into it. There's nothing worse than a spare slot on your licence just begging to be filled. :good:
If thats the way you want to go, and for the money I can see why, then go for it. Let me know what you want and I will point you in the right direction ;)

By the way I submitted the planning aplication today shakeshout

Brookers
Daryll
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#7 Post by Daryll »

Valmont Firearms used to have loads of goodies for the TSC LBP ( which I think is the GSG one...??)
38Super

#8 Post by 38Super »

Thanks Darryl - I'll have a word with Valmont.

The Tunnel also have some bits and bobs for the GSG kicking around. They also have a lot of knowledge and are quite close for me. I'm going down there today to have a look at one.

I've been told that Edgar's are now the importers but apparently spares are proving hard to come by.

There is a chap in the UK who can make or get the +4 followers, the extended mag bumpers and stainless guide rods and GSGPro in the US will export the followers, guide rods and springs.

Neil - Bits I haven't managed to find yet are an Ed Brown Ambi Safety and a flat mainspring housing.
somerset shooter

#9 Post by somerset shooter »

Yeah the Tunnel target sports centre has loads of bits all sorts of stuff I had a look though the boxes when they sold me my TSC1911.
Brookers

#10 Post by Brookers »

38Super wrote: Neil - Bits I haven't managed to find yet are an Ed Brown Ambi Safety and a flat mainspring housing.
I got mine from Brownells, but I would also try Steve at Shield or Ricard at the Tunnel or Andy Haines at Masterclass Custom Guns.

Brookers