SF Bay Area Shooters - Help Needed

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

User702

SF Bay Area Shooters - Help Needed

#1 Post by User702 »

I'm over in the US on business for three more, sorry, two more days of jet-lagged fun and have found out that Californian law prohibits me from hiring a pistol at a shooting range without an approved federal ID.

I'm upset.

However, if I have a friend that owns a pistol, I can go shoot it with them.

Is there anyone on the board that lives in/near Santa Clara that would mind me putting a few hundred rounds down a pistol tomorrow night (Wednesday the 22nd)? I appreciate that this is very short notice, but my lack of prior panning was exacerbated by being in Wales the week before.
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: SF Bay Area Shooters - Help Needed

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

Wouldn't you get more response on a US based forum?, rather than a UK based forum.Other than Blu I don't think there's many US based members on here.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
saddler

#3 Post by saddler »

Arfcom
BamBam

#4 Post by BamBam »

Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#5 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

I tried somewhere in LA (in March 2015) and they just held onto my passport whilst I shot. Their website also said federal ID required but they were cool when we turned up.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
User702

#6 Post by User702 »

The thing is, whilst you lot might be argumentative and rude (sometimes) I generally trust most of you. Turning up at a random house in the US and asking if I can borrow a pistol is just asking for trouble.

At least a US member of this forum, or someone known to a member, would not be entirely random.
Blu

#7 Post by Blu »

User702, turn up at a gun range, show your passport and you'll get in. Your passport is an accepted form of Federal ID.
majordisorder

#8 Post by majordisorder »

When I'm in SF I usually shoot here.... Jackson Arms. It's not in the nicest of locations but the staff are good and thorough. You'll have to take a class first time in (or you used to) to prove you're safe (about $90). UK Passport is fine, but you'll have to shoot with someone else as you can't hire alone.

HTH
Charlotte the flyer

#9 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Pics from my LA trip below bangbang .

As majordisorder says you cannot shoot solo, there has to be more than one person in your party.
Attachments
P1190621.JPG
P1190620.JPG
P1190619.JPG
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
Charlotte the flyer

#10 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Oh and an AR15 too, indoors but PEW only.
Attachments
P1190624.JPG
P1190623.JPG