Europa LBR

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sim G

Europa LBR

#1 Post by Sim G »

Quick question, does anyone remember who was bringing in the Europa LBR? Any links?

Ta.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Re: Europa LBR

#2 Post by meles meles »

Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Outsider

#3 Post by Outsider »

As someone considering LBRs I'd really like to see how these are worth the £2500 more than an Alfa can give me.
Brookers

#4 Post by Brookers »

Outsider wrote:As someone considering LBRs I'd really like to see how these are worth the £2500 more than an Alfa can give me.
Well a good friend of mine has an Alfa and he recons the factory are great. They speak good english and just post him parts when he needs them. Just as well considering how often it breaks :run:

A better question would be is it worth 2K more than a Taurus? any????

Brookers
monkeyhanger

#5 Post by monkeyhanger »

google rude fat dog sporting products. based in devon. you will see the europa on the online catalogue.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#6 Post by Mike357 »

Taurus LBRs aren't made anymore so a diminishing pool of guns and parts. Indeed, Rude Fat Dog are the importers and the Europa can be supplied on different S&W frames.

As for whether it is worth it, that is a question only somebody in the market for one and with the cash can answer. I heard an interesting story from a very good shooter who bought a VQ LBP and hasn't been able to better the scores he got with his Buckmark.

If you have the money, you buy a Porsche. If you don't, you buy a Ford. Both do the same job, just one not as well as the other!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Sixshot6

#7 Post by Sixshot6 »

Brookers wrote:
Outsider wrote:As someone considering LBRs I'd really like to see how these are worth the £2500 more than an Alfa can give me.
Well a good friend of mine has an Alfa and he recons the factory are great. They speak good english and just post him parts when he needs them. Just as well considering how often it breaks :run:

A better question would be is it worth 2K more than a Taurus? any????

Brookers
The Europa is built using a smith and wesson frame. Richard Wilson was meant to get some imported but it wouldn't happen. This company Ballistic arms seems able to do that, make them in the US and import them. Since Taurus's Aren't being made anymore that is the first attraction there. Second attraction is that there are legions of bits available for 686 revolvers. If Wilson had been able to secure the deal he'd have been cheaper, not pre 1997 cheaper but cheaper none the less. Wish I had the email still explaining to me what had happened, but I deleted it like a tool. He's still possibly gonna try and do something to get a UK legal LBR made, but I'm not sure how.

Hell, go on Wilson's website and its still mentioned http://wilsoncustomguns.com/match-master-lbr.html

Problem is, like I said Smith and Wesson would not sell the frames. Possibly the deal with Ballistic arms may have had something to do with this?
Tony-c

#8 Post by Tony-c »

RFD are the UK importer, Gregs was at Basildon last weekend where it was loved by all those that saw it.

it will be in use at the phoenix in few weeks time so if you want to see it then drop Greg an Email.

it balances well the tuned trigger is beautiful. sadly my bank manager.. she say no not yet LOL
Tony-c

#9 Post by Tony-c »

2500 more than an Alfa? how much is an Alfa then? pretty sure the Europa is about 2700ish depending on which rail is specced.

if Alfas are £200 then they are a bargain :)
polemass

#10 Post by polemass »

Huh?plenty of new! Taurus LBR on guntrader.co.uk now....