GSG1911 LBP Holsters

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

somerset shooter

GSG1911 LBP Holsters

#1 Post by somerset shooter »

Hi all
I was wondering with all the talk about the GSG 1911 LBP's going on at the moment, what holsters do you all use, and do you use them with or without the barrel shroud.
I currently use a double alpha with the barrel shroud fitted but I would like to try something a little more tactical, a drop leg rig maybe to lower the coat hanger, or just standard belt holster.
What do you use?
What have you tried?
What do you know the pistol doesn't fit into?
38Super
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: GSG1911 LBP Holsters

#2 Post by 38Super »

Safariland 011 (took me a while to find the model number )

Perfect fit for the trigger guard. I've extended it as far as it will go but I would still like another inch or two (wouldn't we all :oops:)
I used a hair dryer to remould the foresight cover to wrap round the shroud for a lovely snug fit.
Further mods may be necessary but I'm happy with it for now.

Safariland 771 mag pouches on order :good: I couldn't believe I can still get the same mag pouches I used to use 20 odd years ago. :D
sharps4065

Re: GSG1911 LBP Holsters

#3 Post by sharps4065 »

I started off with a Ghost clone which needed a lot of fettling to even work half well. It sufficed for club shoots for a while.

I then bought a Price Western Z1414 which was similar to a strong side hip holster I used in my later days of competition in the 80's. Used the Price Western Competition belt with BladeTech mag pouches (re-drilled to rake them).

Unfortunately the PW can't be used with the barrel shroud OR, more importantly, the C-More Serendipity which I use :cry: Sold it to a a guy in the club with a Low Mills and eyesight that doesn't need a red dot!

So now I use the DAA Race Master and am very pleased with it (also have the DAA belt which is rigid as steel!). It sits with the back strap at the top of the belt and is raked so the fishing rod doesn't foul my arm, plus the pistol is at the right angle for me to grip it with my arm/wrist being locked. I tried sitting it lower, which UKPSA rules appear to allow, but didn't find it any faster, in fact less stable. So I think I certainly wouldn't get on with a drop leg holster...! Your mileage may vary ;)