Mount a vortex razor on a browning buckmark problem

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6

Mount a vortex razor on a browning buckmark problem

#1 Post by Sixshot6 »

Hello could somebody please give me some advice here. I'm trying to mount a Vortex razor on a browning buckmark LBP and I can't seem to get it on. Does anyone know what mount I need to use to allow it mount on my buckmark? I only ask as it seems like I need a different mount to fit? Any idea if this mount will fit my buckmark rail?

http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/products/lo ... nt-91.aspx

Or this one?

http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/products/lo ... ny-90.aspx
Sixshot6

Re: Mount a vortex razor on a browning buckmark problem

#2 Post by Sixshot6 »

Sixshot6 wrote:Hello could somebody please give me some advice here. I'm trying to mount a Vortex razor on a browning buckmark LBP and I can't seem to get it on. Does anyone know what mount I need to use to allow it mount on my buckmark? I only ask as it seems like I need a different mount to fit? Any idea if this mount will fit my buckmark rail?

http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/products/lo ... nt-91.aspx

Or this one?

http://www.riflecraft.co.uk/products/lo ... ny-90.aspx
I'm leaning towards the weaver mount being the solution. Just need someone to help me out here.
leeroy7031
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#3 Post by leeroy7031 »

The rail is a picatinny, weaver 'should' fit.

Had a Trijicon MS04 on mine, nice and light weight, perfectly suited and just like the Vortex.
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
Sixshot6

#4 Post by Sixshot6 »

leeroy7031 wrote:The rail is a picatinny, weaver 'should' fit.
It wasn't fitting though. That is the problem. You're saying the Buckmark rail is picatinny? I find it strange as a sparc fit just fine but the razor would not. Any idea what might be a amiss here?

Just for kicks, the rail on my vz58 (the bc tactical one excepted it no problem, but the buckmark doesn't seem to fit).

Should i change to the weaver mount then?
Sixshot6

#5 Post by Sixshot6 »

It can't be a picatinny rail as the picatinny mount it comes with does not fit it. So it must need the weaver mount then.
leeroy7031
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

#6 Post by leeroy7031 »

The rail is a 20mm for sure, i used red dot with a picatinny mount and a long eye relief scope with weaver rings.

While there are differences as you know between the two standard, I used both successfully. Still have my long eye relief scope.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a properory base but both mounting systems worked fine in my case.
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
Sixshot6

#7 Post by Sixshot6 »

leeroy7031 wrote:The rail is a 20mm for sure, i used red dot with a picatinny mount and a long eye relief scope with weaver rings.

While there are differences as you know between the two standard, I used both successfully. Still have my long eye relief scope.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a properory base but both mounting systems worked fine in my case.
So its 20mm rail, that clears things up for me. So get the weaver rail? From what I see, the one it comes with will unscrew and then put the weaver on in. I should have know. Will any of the shops I've tried like riflecraft and all the that be open monday or should I wait until tuesday due to the Bank holiday?