Dual welding double barrel 1911's

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6

Dual welding double barrel 1911's

#1 Post by Sixshot6 »

snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Dual welding double barrel 1911's

#2 Post by snayperskaya »

I think he's wielding them, not welding them......he ain't got googles on! :p
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Sim G

#3 Post by Sim G »

And even if we could turn the clock back to pre-'97 and we could have handguns again, they would still be prohibited....

Firearms Act 1968;

s5 (1) (a) any firearm which is so designed or adapted that two or more missiles can be successively discharged without repeated pressure on the trigger.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sixshot6

#4 Post by Sixshot6 »

I screwed that up I know, thanks for the heads up Sim. If in the future I end up on the Isle of man due to my family links I'll have to keep an eye out for that in the manx law (I believe burst fires are legal but rarely granted and often a condition disallowing ownership placed on Manx FAC's). So might not try my luck with them. Though given the cost of 45 acp even with handloading, I'd give it a miss. I shoot for pleasure not to feel discomfort. They look no-where near as comfy as standard 1911.
The Event
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by The Event »

Sim G wrote:And even if we could turn the clock back to pre-'97 and we could have handguns again, they would still be prohibited....

Firearms Act 1968;

s5 (1) (a) any firearm which is so designed or adapted that two or more missiles can be successively discharged without repeated pressure on the trigger.
Would it be prohibited though? It fires both barrels simultaneously rather than successively.
Sixshot6

#6 Post by Sixshot6 »

The Event wrote:
Sim G wrote:And even if we could turn the clock back to pre-'97 and we could have handguns again, they would still be prohibited....

Firearms Act 1968;

Would it be prohibited though? It fires both barrels simultaneously rather than successively.
Good point, though no doubt they'd try to argue (in no handgun alternate dimension) that one barrel has to fire first a milisecond before.
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#7 Post by bradaz11 »

i'm sure with the trigger options they offer, you could get them to make one that needed both triggers to be depressed. sort of like a trigger based backstrap safety. then it meets to rules as you are pulling two triggers, not one....
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Sixshot6

#8 Post by Sixshot6 »

bradaz11 wrote:i'm sure with the trigger options they offer, you could get them to make one that needed both triggers to be depressed. sort of like a trigger based backstrap safety. then it meets to rules as you are pulling two triggers, not one....
What you mentioned reminds me of the gilboa snake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD4u_e2xjE4

Normal version has one trigger but the version they are working on making (with a longer barrel) for the US market with a similar definition has two triggers that are lined up so you pull them both at once but still control the barrel's separately (the fact that the 1911 has one trigger suggests possibly a difference in timing of each shot. But it looks fun at least :good: ).
bradaz11
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#9 Post by bradaz11 »

from their own blurb

The AF2011-A1 can be ordered either with 2 independent triggers and one sear group (left or right, with user-interchangeability for right or left operations) or with 2 triggers permanently joined and the choice of 1 or 2 sear groups.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Sixshot6

#10 Post by Sixshot6 »

bradaz11 wrote:from their own blurb

The AF2011-A1 can be ordered either with 2 independent triggers and one sear group (left or right, with user-interchangeability for right or left operations) or with 2 triggers permanently joined and the choice of 1 or 2 sear groups.
That answers the question then, its sorted whichever way you go.