should i get variation change ?

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

joe

should i get variation change ?

#1 Post by joe »

a few years back i got a variation for a 9mm LBP, however since the midway project went down the toilet, should i get variation to change my 9mm slot for a .22lr lbp and get a sig /k22 or wait until next year and see if anyone will bring out a 9mm lbp??

i already own a .44 mag lbr
Sixshot6

Re: should i get variation change ?

#2 Post by Sixshot6 »

joe wrote:a few years back i got a variation for a 9mm LBP, however since the midway project went down the toilet, should i get variation to change my 9mm slot for a .22lr lbp and get a sig /k22 or wait until next year and see if anyone will bring out a 9mm lbp??

The people who could make it Joe are too busy I reckon, plus the seeming need for a suitable pistol platform to make it work is an issue. I'd just get a 22 LBP.
joe

#3 Post by joe »

Sixshot6 wrote:
joe wrote:a few years back i got a variation for a 9mm LBP, however since the midway project went down the toilet, should i get variation to change my 9mm slot for a .22lr lbp and get a sig /k22 or wait until next year and see if anyone will bring out a 9mm lbp??

The people who could make it Joe are too busy I reckon, plus the seeming need for a suitable pistol platform to make it work is an issue. I'd just get a 22 LBP.

good point i very impressed with the sig and the k22 when i handled them !
Sixshot6

#4 Post by Sixshot6 »

joe wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:

good point i very impressed with the sig and the k22 when i handled them !
We often forget that alot of dealers have other jobs like armory services and training and that is where their main money lay. Nothing wrong with that, it just means the interesting stuff that we want comes second and its healthier to except that. Its annoying but we get good stuff and often its good when we see it. a 9mm rifle could be another possibility. There are some Peter Sarony 9mm enfield's floating around.
joe

#5 Post by joe »

The people who could make it Joe are too busy I reckon, plus the seeming need for a suitable pistol platform to make it work is an issue. I'd just get a 22 LBP.[/quote]

good point i very impressed with the sig and the k22 when i handled them ![/quote]

We often forget that alot of dealers have other jobs like armory services and training and that is where their main money lay. Nothing wrong with that, it just means the interesting stuff that we want comes second and its healthier to except that. Its annoying but we get good stuff and often its good when we see it. a 9mm rifle could be another possibility. There are some Peter Sarony 9mm enfield's floating around.[/quote]

not interested in a 9mm rifle, a 22 magnum rim fire lbp would be nice compromise ! and can legally be a semi auto
keltec do one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L-9qDGo30M
Sixshot6

#6 Post by Sixshot6 »

You might be in look as the CMR 30 is out (not here though), maybe that could be turned into an LBP?
joe

#7 Post by joe »

Sixshot6 wrote:You might be in look as the CMR 30 is out (not here though), maybe that could be turned into an LBP?

yer thats the one, it all depends if Kel-tech needs the money ie can they be borthed to make a uk spec cmr 30
some of the reviews though say it feel like a toy, very plastic and very light
Sixshot6

#8 Post by Sixshot6 »

joe wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote:You might be in look as the CMR 30 is out (not here though), maybe that could be turned into an LBP?

yer thats the one, it all depends if Kel-tech needs the money ie can they be borthed to make a uk spec cmr 30
some of the reviews though say it feel like a toy, very plastic and very light
Well the cheap way to do a uk spec CMR 30 is to weld a 2 inch brake where the threads are. It will bring the oal to 24.5 inches. Perfectly uk legal. To be fair, lots of rimfire feel toy like, even the good one's like an m&p15-22 are like that, as they were built from the ground up and don't need to be built like a center fire (some argue this is better than taking a frame built for a center fire anyway).
joe

#9 Post by joe »

Why do I get the feeling that so as I get the 22lbp, a lever release or Mars then gets released the following month :(
Tommygunn
Home club or Range: Rustington Home Guard Rifle Club

#10 Post by Tommygunn »

Southern gun co. Already do a 9mm lever release if that's your bag?
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly - Peter Cook