Section 7.3 handguns

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Hunter87

Section 7.3 handguns

#1 Post by Hunter87 »

Just interested to hear if any members own any and if so were they hard to get?
Gazoo

Re: Section 7.3 handguns

#2 Post by Gazoo »

me too, thinking about it.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#3 Post by the running man »

It's not the obtaining of the licence.....it's the pain in the ass travelling to shoot the things......Bisley the Charmouth tunnel or barbican armoury....are the only 3 that I know of....?
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
nickb834

#4 Post by nickb834 »

the running man wrote:It's not the obtaining of the licence.....it's the pain in the ass travelling to shoot the things......Bisley the Charmouth tunnel or barbican armoury....are the only 3 that I know of....?
https://sites.google.com/site/hbsauk/HB ... stol-sites

there's 10 on that list - IIRC the 1066 club got their 7.3 status in the last year or so, there's also a thread on here about a new one starting up in Scarborough.

So not great but mostly doable within 100 miles of anywhere....ish
StangGT

#5 Post by StangGT »

I'm just starting with this. Getting my first pistol delivered to Bisley any day now. First shoot is on Sunday ... quite excited!
Kungfugerbil

#6 Post by Kungfugerbil »

nickb834 wrote:..there's also a thread on here about a new one starting up in Scarborough.
Is there?! How did I miss that. Search provides no clues - any links?
nickb834

#7 Post by nickb834 »

Hmmm, it might have been a post on airgun bbs - and in fact Bridlington not Scarborough.

I've pm'd you the contents of an email convo I had with the guys involved.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#8 Post by the running man »

nickb834 wrote:
the running man wrote:It's not the obtaining of the licence.....it's the pain in the ass travelling to shoot the things......Bisley the Charmouth tunnel or barbican armoury....are the only 3 that I know of....?

there's 10 on that list - IIRC the 1066 club got their 7.3 status in the last year or so, there's also a thread on here about a new one starting up in Scarborough.

So not great but mostly doable within 100 miles of anywhere....ish
Thanks for that! I had no idea!
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
BamBam

#9 Post by BamBam »

I might put in for one around renewal time.
HALODIN

#10 Post by HALODIN »

Are there any members of the Leicester Shooting Centre here? I've just left another voicemail having heard nothing from them the last time I tried.