Boots and Shoes.

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
Jenks

Boots and Shoes.

#1 Post by Jenks »

Last weekend my wife was having yet another go at me regarding clutter. bear in mind we live in a very small cottage. She insisted that I go though my stuff to see what I could throw out. She said that I could start with my boots & shoes. Well to show willing I dug them out, I was more than surprised when I realised that I had eighteen pairs. :o So after much soul searching I decided in the interest of domestic tranquility............... I chucked out a pair of Squash shoes. :D :lol: ;)

Whilst I had them out I gave them all a lick of polish. Whilst cleaning an old pair of Dancing shoes I was reminded of my first wife's sense of humour.. :cry:

Jenks
Ovenpaa

Re: Boots and Shoes.

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Nice wellies!

We also live in a very small cottage, I remember reading about a couple that lived in a narrow boat. They had a self imposed rule, if they wanted something new for the boat they had to throw something out first so the number of items remained constant (in principle) In our house it is more a case of I go off and make another shelf unit or something for storage when Christel gets close to maxing out her storage area :lol:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Crikey, you have more shoes and boots than I have!

Bet I beat you on handbags though!

:P
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#4 Post by Mike357 »

Tough choices Jenks :)

Our stuff ends up in the garage from where it goes to Ebay or car boot sale after a number of years have past.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
bobbob
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by bobbob »

christel wrote:Crikey, you have more shoes and boots than I have!

Bet I beat you on handbags though!

:P
Same here :) and I don't own a handbag :o
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Mike357 wrote:Tough choices Jenks :)

Our stuff ends up in the garage from where it goes to Ebay or car boot sale after a number of years have past.
Hmm, I am normally greeted with a 'I am thinking of have a clear out and getting stuff on eBlag anything you want to get rid off' Followed a week later by 'How come your stuff always sells and mine goes for 99p?'

'Cos mine is quality bloke stuff dear....' :lol:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#7 Post by Mike357 »

'Cos mine is quality bloke stuff dear....'
Too true. My wife and kids have this disposable mentality! They would by jeans from New Look that will be wrecked in 6 months. I am still wearing Levis I bought 15years ago with no holes in them yet. I did get paint on them which I was most annoyed about :oops:

Quality costs!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!