Blairadam new firing point.

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

25Pdr

Blairadam new firing point.

#1 Post by 25Pdr »

Blairadam has now got a posh new 200x firing point and when the roof is complete will give us much needed protection from the rain.

A few photos of yesterdays Service Rifle shoot....

Note- I wonder if pink hair styles are becoming more popular? :good:

Christel
Site Admin

Re: Blairadam new firing point.

#2 Post by Christel »

I sincerely hope that the pink hair is a photoshop job, that is so the wrong colour! Mine is clearly the one to go for.

:clap: :clap:

Anyway, well done for getting the firing point and good luck with getting the roof done. Rain is something we have a lot of in this country.
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

It looks very good, was it built by the club members or subbed out? I have often wondered how effective the baffles that are being shot through are, do they make much difference to adjacent firing points and further afield?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
25Pdr

#4 Post by 25Pdr »

christel wrote:I sincerely hope that the pink hair is a photoshop job, that is so the wrong colour! Mine is clearly the one to go for.

:clap: :clap:

Anyway, well done for getting the firing point and good luck with getting the roof done. Rain is something we have a lot of in this country.
Nope Christel! I didn't Photoshop....She was a visitor and had never shot anything before. She fired deliberate, snaps, running man, and mad minute with a No4 and done very well.

In my experience Girls alway seem to be natural shots. :goodjob:

Ovenpaa...
"It looks very good, was it built by the club members or subbed out? I have often wondered how effective the baffles that are being shot through are, do they make much difference to adjacent firing points and further afield?"

The range is managed and funded by three Clubs not including mine, (We hire it) The new firing point cost £9K, Don't know if they had grants etc.

Peronally I think the baffles are a waste of time, but we are stuck with them.
Robin128

#5 Post by Robin128 »

25PDR

Stupid questions mate...what are those blue tubes at the firing point called and do they form part of the range safety cert? Looks like they could bring cone of fire into a sensible zone.

:)
25Pdr

#6 Post by 25Pdr »

Robin, the barrels are there to reduce the noise nuisance to the nearby houses. Not sure of the history of all this but I'm sure the owners knew about the Range before they purchased the houses.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#7 Post by Mike357 »

Range was there before the houses were built.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

This makes me seethe... another case of new comers changing practices that are doing no harm to anyone and have probably been going on for years without complaint.

I know I keep harping on about it but our local church bells are a prime example of this. They have been ringing peals for more years than I have been a live, some one moves into the area and has a timeless tradition stopped within days.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#9 Post by Robin128 »

What sort of barrels are they and where sourced, please 25Pdr?

25Pdr

#10 Post by 25Pdr »

Robin128 wrote:What sort of barrels are they and where sourced, please 25Pdr?

I'll ask tonight and let you know Robin...... :)