World Long Range Championships

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

ResearchPress
Home club or Range: Long Range Rifles Branch of the MLAGB

World Long Range Championships

#1 Post by ResearchPress »

The 8th MLAIC World Long Range Championships will be held at Bisley 11-17 September.

The Championships comprise a series of individual matches fired with muzzle loading match rifles at 300, 500, 600, 900 and 1000 yards. In addition there are international team of four competitions fired at mid-range (300, 500 and 600 yards) and long range (900 and 1000 yards). Shooting commences on Monday, 12 Sept. with practice/sighting and events commence the following day. There's 12 nations competing and 70 competitors.

An overview of events is on my blog: 8th MLAIC Long Range World Championships. Look at the comments for an outline programme.

Records of previous Championships are on my web site: MLAIC World Championships

David
www.researchpress.co.uk - www.facebook.com/ResearchPress
Firearms, long range target shooting and associated history
Christel
Site Admin

Re: World Long Range Championships

#2 Post by Christel »

That sounds like great fun. Ovenpaa and I are in Denmark during that week so can't attend, something for the calendar next year.

:good:
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Having shot next to Krish earlier this year with his Shiloh (I think) I was very taken with the whole thing and would love to shoot a SOML of some form, I still have my AKEX and some black powder.

Bring it on I say :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#4 Post by Dangermouse »

Looks like the Police games are on the same week, I hope to have time to have a gander,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
ResearchPress

#5 Post by ResearchPress »

The Championships are held every two years. 2009 was in USA, 2011 UK, and 2013 will be in South Africa.

David
rox

#6 Post by rox »

ResearchPress wrote:The Championships are held every two years. 2009 was in USA, 2011 UK, and 2013 will be in South Africa.
We were preparing for the arrival of the USA team on the weekend, including hanging a large old Rigby sales banner which was left to our club by the late Joe Hepsworth. I've never shot ML but somehow I got onto Joe's mailing list, and his newsletters were the best 'spam' I ever received. I met him once only briefly, but his warmth and enthusiasm seemed infectious.

ResearchPress

#7 Post by ResearchPress »

Is that at the North London Rifle Club? I know Joe used to stay there when he came to visit the UK. I first shot with Joe in the USA in 2003 where we shared a target for the week in the World Championships. I have some brief information and pictures of Joe on my blog at: http://researchpressuk.wordpress.com/20 ... hepsworth/

David
rox

#8 Post by rox »

ResearchPress wrote:Is that at the North London Rifle Club? I know Joe used to stay there when he came to visit the UK. I first shot with Joe in the USA in 2003 where we shared a target for the week in the World Championships. I have some brief information and pictures of Joe on my blog at: http://researchpressuk.wordpress.com/20 ... hepsworth/

David
Yes, it's at the NLRC. I've come across your blog before. Outside of my NLRC duties, one of my 'Team Wales' buddies is Andrew B***ess, who did quite well at the last world Champs as I understand. I wish I could come and support you guys, but I'll be on holididay (for the first time in 5 years). I wish you the best of luck, and hope you have a great meeting.

ResearchPress

#9 Post by ResearchPress »

Yes, Andrew shot with muzzle loading match rifle very well, but haven't seen him this year as he's been concentrating on other disciplines I think.

David
ResearchPress

#10 Post by ResearchPress »

A brief report with results and photographs on the 8th MLAIC Long Range World Championships is now on the MLAGB web site.

http://www.mlagb.com/bisley2011/index.htm

David