Conditions of use

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Dave 101

Conditions of use

#1 Post by Dave 101 »

I have just been having a look around the web and found a site advertising vermin control , in the gallery section theres a Scott arms .410 O/U shotgun pistol , I thought these were limited for use as humane destruction , the person here says they are good for vermin in and around buildings ,maybe .
The other thing I saw , a comment on the use of a 12 bore shotgun " to fire into the air with a sensible backstop " what would that be a cloud or a passing 747 :55:
Looks like a well presented site with plenty of info .

Dave
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Conditions of use

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Old website before ACPO declared 410 revolvers Section 5?
DVC
Tower75

#3 Post by Tower75 »

Here's a question, then, based on that. Dave, tell me to sod off if you feel like I'm jacking the thread.

Could you have a revolving .410 long barrel pistol?

Like the long barrel revolvers and pistols in .38 and .44, but chambered for a .410 - you'd be able to get at least 4-5 shots out of one. Wonder why no one's thought of it.
Dave 101

#4 Post by Dave 101 »

Blackstuff wrote:Old website before ACPO declared 410 revolvers Section 5?
I dont think so , it looks very upto date and modern with lots of coloured photos and info .

T 75

Something along these lines you mean http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selector-r ... ?series=41 :shakeshout:

If it had a shoulder stock and long barrel no reason why not .

Dave

ps I was talking from a practical view not on a legal requirment , I seem to remeber years ago seeing a western style revolver with a skeleton butt stock , nowadays it would have to have a long barrel and section 1 shotgun
Last edited by Dave 101 on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

I would have thought if it has a magazine holding more than two cartridges it would become S5 so a revolving magazine would be out of the question as preventing the magazine from being swapped out would be all but impossible.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
25Pdr

#6 Post by 25Pdr »

Tower.75 wrote:Here's a question, then, based on that. Dave, tell me to sod off if you feel like I'm jacking the thread.

Could you have a revolving .410 long barrel pistol?

Like the long barrel revolvers and pistols in .38 and .44, but chambered for a .410 - you'd be able to get at least 4-5 shots out of one. Wonder why no one's thought of it.
From the Rossi Website...

I believe you can have this on a Sec.1 ...(Might be wrong)... If you know of a UK dealer that imports them. It's takes 45 Colt and 410 Shotgun. Having a rifled barrel makes it a Firearm.

Tower75

#7 Post by Tower75 »

Bloomin' 'eck. I bet the gas-escape from the barrel/cylinder gap is enough to burn you when you fire .45-70
Sim G

#8 Post by Sim G »

Revolver shotguns are S5. Some importer a while back brought in the Taurus Judge for humane dispatch. A little while later they were decreed to be S5 even though the barrel was rifled, they were designed to shoot also .410, and thus a revolving shotgun. PITA non the less.....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Tower75

#9 Post by Tower75 »

... so I can own a self-loading Section 1, 12 bore shotgun, with a detachable box magazine, but a revolving shotgun that fires the .410 is Section 5?
Sim G

#10 Post by Sim G »

Unfortunately, you are correct. (Unless chambered for 9mm rimfire, ie garden gun).
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!