8 Best Guns for the Zombie Apocalypse - Guns & Ammo

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

8 Best Guns for the Zombie Apocalypse - Guns & Ammo

#1 Post by Sandgroper »

Again, could be controversial! :lol:

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/11/15/t ... e-killing/
So the zombies are at your door. Death is upon you, but the gun shop is just a block away. You make a run for it, and you make it to the most extensive armory for miles. Time to make a decision: Which guns do you grab? Contrary to popular belief, not every gun will do the job the same, so to help make up your mind on which guns will save your life, here are my eight best guns for the zombie apocalypse.
Some interesting choices here, but the 8 best for the UK?

Prepare. Be Zombie Aware. :twisted:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Ovenpaa

Re: 8 Best Guns for the Zombie Apocalypse - Guns & Ammo

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

There has got to be a Mossy 500 on the list somewhere, I will have a think about the rest :good:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
EagerNoSkill

#3 Post by EagerNoSkill »

22lr
You can carry 5000 to 10000 rounds

2 xruger 10/22

Plus 9 mmP and about 1000 rounds
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

A hi-capacity shotgun for close range, possibly, oo i don't know a Benelli M2 or Supernova

A straight pull large capacity carbine for medium range, lets say an AR-15 Steyr AUG

A semi-auto large capacity .22lr for quiet, short (urban) range, 10/22 or GSG-5

A quality bolt-action for medium-long range, Remmy 700 or, hmm, a Steyr SSG 04 . . . :flag5:

DVC
froggy
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#5 Post by froggy »

Salut,
I understand now the meaning of your user-name :good:
Great !!
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#6 Post by Sandgroper »

Blackstuff wrote:A hi-capacity shotgun for close range, possibly, oo i don't know a Benelli M2 or Supernova

A straight pull large capacity carbine for medium range, lets say an AR-15 Steyr AUG

A semi-auto large capacity .22lr for quiet, short (urban) range, 10/22 or GSG-5

A quality bolt-action for medium-long range, Remmy 700 or, hmm, a Steyr SSG 04 . . . :flag5:

Well, that's you sorted! :good:

Prepare. Be Zombie Aware. :twisted:

Scotsgun

#7 Post by Scotsgun »

hmmm, well in the immediate zombie attack, i'd have to reach for:

1. My semi auto 22lr for immediate close range defence. A 22lr will scramble a brain and you can carry/store alot of the ammo.
2. My Baikal semi auto shotgun with solid slugs. It never lets me down despite all the abuse i've put it through and a solid slug in the face will ruin any zombie's day.
3. My lever action rifle in 45lc. Very reliable and good short range punch.

Once the mayhem settles down, it's a short shopping trip to the nearest army armoury. I doubt the regional TA depots hold firearms, so not sure which would be best from here, but my list would include:

4. Some SA80s with absolute shed loads of ammo as i never intend to ever reload again. I'll be to busy keeping the family safe & surviving.
5. Anything in 7.62 including GPMGs with shed loads of ammo. To deter the mad bikers, escaped prisoners, scavengers and any other naughty boys. Naughty girls are more than welcome. :lol:
6. Mines and grenades for area defence. You can also collect the explosive medium from them if needed for something bigger.
7. Pistols - anything i find with a very large supply of ammo.
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#8 Post by Sandgroper »

Scotsgun wrote:hmmm, well in the immediate zombie attack, i'd have to reach for:

1. My semi auto 22lr for immediate close range defence. A 22lr will scramble a brain and you can carry/store alot of the ammo.
2. My Baikal semi auto shotgun with solid slugs. It never lets me down despite all the abuse i've put it through and a solid slug in the face will ruin any zombie's day.
3. My lever action rifle in 45lc. Very reliable and good short range punch.

Once the mayhem settles down, it's a short shopping trip to the nearest army armoury. I doubt the regional TA depots hold firearms, so not sure which would be best from here, but my list would include:

4. Some SA80s with absolute shed loads of ammo as i never intend to ever reload again. I'll be to busy keeping the family safe & surviving.
5. Anything in 7.62 including GPMGs with shed loads of ammo. To deter the mad bikers, escaped prisoners, scavengers and any other naughty boys. Naughty girls are more than welcome. :lol:
6. Mines and grenades for area defence. You can also collect the explosive medium from them if needed for something bigger.
7. Pistols - anything i find with a very large supply of ammo.
A man with a (the) plan! :clap:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Doz

#9 Post by Doz »

Scotsgun wrote:I doubt the regional TA depots hold firearms
Don't know about now but they always used to. Some years ago now one unlucky copper turned up on his bicycle when an alarm had been set off at one of the TA units in Sussex. He asked to see inside the armoury and nearly fell over when they opened the door revealing the rows of SLRs, SMGs, GPMGs and Charlie-G's. Apparently all he'd expected was a handful of .22 training rifles.
Chuck

#10 Post by Chuck »

Hmm how to improve on Scotsguns' plan.....Whisky and plenty bubbly for the bad girls maybe???.

Plus my trusty Hatsan Pump action and Sig 556..
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!