making custom shotshell boxes for reloaded shells

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

tomaso

making custom shotshell boxes for reloaded shells

#1 Post by tomaso »

hello everyone. i designed some boxes for my reloaded shotshells. i did this because i shoot a lot of different loads and recognition of them is crusial. Another reason is because i load a big amount of shells every time (700-1000) and i needed a way to categorize and store them. here is a sample of my work!!!
Ovenpaa

Re: making custom shotshell boxes for reloaded shells

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Nice graphics Tomaso and welcome to the forum as well. Do you have the equipment to stamp the card for the boxes out or are you cutting them by hand?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
tomaso

#3 Post by tomaso »

for small quantity (10-30 boxes) i cut them by hand. For larger the work is been done dy the graphic designer in which i print them.
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Superb graphics, do you do this for a living?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
tomaso

#5 Post by tomaso »

i do this to cover the reloading cost of the years shotshells only.
saddler

#6 Post by saddler »

Been thinking about doing something similar too, but in a different direction...

As I do a lot of military themed shooting, I was going to replicate some of the plainer military type ammo boxes for rifle & shotgun ammo.
The plainer boxes mean less ink to use, and the main body colour is decided by the colour of card used to make the box.
I'd be able to get quite a good turnover as I have a clicker press for leatherwork - so would get a few knives made to allow me to stamp them boxes out.
tomaso

#7 Post by tomaso »

here is my latest work 8-)