Kingsbury: another gale...

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

Kingsbury: another gale...

#1 Post by meles meles »

Well oomans, we're back from a blustery morning at Kingsbury. The rifles, a Mosin Nagant M1891 7.62x54R and a Remington 597 .22 have been boiled, scrubbed and oiled, and are now safely locked away so it's safe to ask the question:

What's the best way to soothe an aching shoulder ?

a. A nice long, warm bath with plenty of Radox
b. A not so wee dram of Scottish falling down water
c. Both of the above

'Twas a grand day out. The sun shone and we had more new 3 probationary members to ease into the sport. All the probationary members were taught safe weapons handling on a .22 for a few hours and then allowed to fire 5 rounds from the Mosin Nagant as a treat. If they come back for Week 2, which we may hint could be 100 rounds through the Mosin, then we know they are genuinely keen. We find this a very effective way of weeding out the Walters...

Despite the wind we managed to shoot 20 ten round groups with the Mosin Nagant all of which were under 3 MoA. Not bad for a rifle that was made in 1899 for the Czarist army and re-arsenalled in 1941 for Uncle Joe's lads to use again. However, 200 big Russian canned bangs do take their toll on the shoulder...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Ovenpaa

Re: Kingsbury: another gale...

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Sorbothane, Christel used to pin a bit behind her bra strap when shooting her SVD and I attached a piece to the butt plate of her MN sniper, it is surprising how much of a difference just a few mm of the stuff makes. We may even have a piece left over somewhere.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
M99

#3 Post by M99 »

Or just hold it "properly" :55:

I still occasionally get a sore shoulder when shooting a round of sporting with the SG or a day on the pigeons - it is usually a result of not being fully focused on what I am doing and not mounting the gun correctly for a serious of shots (Or rushing)

I know it is nothing more than that, as I can go for months on end without any ill effects and I shoot at least one round of sporting clays (100 birds) each week, sometimes more (Time permitting/weather etc)

It never happens on a driven day or a day walked up over the dogs, so it has to be down to correct hold/position due to either lack of focus or rushing on my part.

Mike
meles meles

#4 Post by meles meles »

MiLisCer wrote:... it has to be down to correct hold/position due to either lack of focus or rushing on my part.

Mike

Right ooman, next time I'm out shooting the Mosin, you focus ! Got that ?
Badger
Badger Korporashun

toffe wrapper

#5 Post by toffe wrapper »

rugby players fix
beer, curry & beer then bath

TW
Geordie bloke

#6 Post by Geordie bloke »

ovenpaa wrote:Sorbothane, Christel used to pin a bit behind her bra strap when shooting her SVD and I attached a piece to the butt plate of her MN sniper, it is surprising how much of a difference just a few mm of the stuff makes. We may even have a piece left over somewhere.
Chief Badger. Why don't you try wearing a bra with Sorbothane behind the strap!!
Or perhaps just the bra!!
Could work!!
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

A badger wearing a bra :G
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Or just BRA (Badger Rights Alliance)

I did google for a Badger in a Bra but got distracted...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
John25

#9 Post by John25 »

Two drams. Sod the rest.

As for wearing a bra? I never tried putting one on, now taking..........???

:twisted:
meles meles

#10 Post by meles meles »

Hmm, the bath and whisky were just fine. We'll leave the bra wearing to the transylvanian sett...
Badger
Badger Korporashun