Sun 20th May at Bisley

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Sun 20th May at Bisley

#1 Post by kennyc »

well I think my club were unlucky enough to get the dopiest marker in the pack today, he managed to miss numerous shots, whilst leaving the marker in place for several shots, presumably hoping we wouldn't notice. at one point I had a light strike, and while I was waiting to deal with it, the target went down to come back marked as a bull wtfwtf . normally we have had good to very good markers especially on Stickledown, but this time...GAHH! I was hoping to come on and boast about how my K31 had wiped the board with the modern rifles, unfortunately having watched the shenanigans at the target end, I am not sure if anyone really knows who scored what! there were certainly a lot more holes in the target to chose from than there should have been ;) oh well maybe better luck next time.
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Sun 20th May at Bisley

#2 Post by Christel »

Oh dear, did you tell the range office?
John25

#3 Post by John25 »

Presumably, being a wek end, there was a supervisor?

No-one should suffer a poor marker, switch to channel 16 and speak to the Range Office or the Butt Supervisor.

Get the markers name and make a written complaint.

:cheers:
kennyc

#4 Post by kennyc »

over and done with now, I left early, I don't know yet if the last people said anything when they dropped off the radio and signed off the range. as I said it was the first time we have had such a bad marker, although I suspect he/she will not find other folk as easy going as we are.
Dangermouse

#5 Post by Dangermouse »

We had one on Wednesday who marked the same spot for 3 shots. I was wondering if it was some kind of code as it was half way up on the left frame. Having adjusted for hitting too far left I then saw my shot hit the sand to the high right?
The marker then got on the radio and told us that my shot had gone high in the 4 ring but he could not reach it to mark it..
He was actually mistaken but I guess there were so many holes in the top part of the target which he was not patching he had lost the plot.
Either he swapped with someone else or he bucked his ideas up as the marking got noticeably quicker and no more issues with not being able to reach.

I did mention it in the office, he did not ruin my day but I can imagine that if you had travelled half way down the country for a special occasion you would not have been amused and the reputation of the NRA would suffer.

Looks like we might get some good weather for the Phoenix, shame I have to work all of it!

DM
kennyc

#6 Post by kennyc »

funny you had the same experience as us with consecutive shots being marked as hitting the same place in the white, and we also had a shot miss the target (sand splash seen) followed by a hit being marked! maybe the same guy? to be honest I think we enjoyed bitching about the marker more than shooting today tongueout oh and several of our members travel more than 100 miles each way to shoot ! so just as well we are laid back and not uber competitive O:-)
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

There is no excuse for poor marking. One club I shot at had a member who used to get bored in the Butts and just stop marking. If we were marking on the same details we would all be shouting at him 'Your frame R****' and he still used to ignore us. Fair to say he was not in the prime of health but that is still no reason.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#8 Post by DanTheMan »

Hopefully the electronic targets should be back at the end of the month - they were good before some scumbag stole the last lot :(
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

Are they refurbishing and repairing the old ones Dan?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Watcher

#10 Post by Watcher »

Sadly you get good and bad at Bisley. When I've been there during the week and had a single target the marking has been brilliant. I assume its because they have some regulars who come in and take a professional attitude.

The last time I was on Stickledown on a Friday and we were using a few targets the marking was appalling. You could read a novel waiting for the target to come back up and often it was the same hole as last time :-P . Only time I saw any speed was at lunch time when the BMW's hurtled out of the butts!

Would it be a good idea to have a survey system where we could rate markers on-line. Number of Message 4s etc. Presume this could be tracked back to the individual and, if they are consistently bad, they don't get employed again?