Range report 24-6-2012

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

essexboy

Range report 24-6-2012

#1 Post by essexboy »

We were back out for a bit of 900/1000 in the morning, another good surprise we had pulled the low number lanes again, 900 was a v-bull fest, 1000 was a bit iffy with a couple of 4s, the wind was gusting quite bad by mid morning. The best part of the morning was the marker who could only be called outstanding, quick and reliable, if you were marking on Sunday morning on targets 9&22 and reading this then hats off to you.

The better half was shooting pm 300/600, by this time the wind was starting to fishtail quite bad, 300 went ok with a 68-3 ( 223 rem and she has only been shooting a few months). 600 was testing, I was R/O ing and watching the wind flags ( over 2 mins of fishtail) the scores suffered. All in all not too bad of a day and we didn't get wet party2

End of report

Steve
Mr_Logic

Re: Range report 24-6-2012

#2 Post by Mr_Logic »

Hey Steve - Now I know you're also on here will mention it next Ibis meet!

Twas a challenge at 1K in those winds. Not sure the second batch of ammo was as good as the first - the 308 does like the 155 Scenar! 223 in the PM was more fun. Was shooting with another club where I'm a member, and with 69gr Noslers the wind variance was quite something. My dad had his first ever go at that kind of range, and shot a 64.4 with which he was pretty happy.

Tbh, while the wind was a challenge, the fact that we stayed dry was lovely and meant a good day was had.