20moa 1-piece base for the CZ550

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
lapua338

20moa 1-piece base for the CZ550

#1 Post by lapua338 »

Hi Guys,

Is anyone aware of a 20moa-type rail for a CZ550 that is available in the UK?

Perhaps one that attaches directly to the integral dovetail or may require a minor amount of drilling and tapping, for example; the US Optics 1-piece base for the CZ550/750.

I know of a Weaver Adapter Rail manufactured by CZ-USA, which fits the 19mm dovetail but CZ-USA will not ship outside the USA. In addition, the Czech CZ webshop does not stock this item.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-19011/.aspx
TobyH

Re: 20moa 1-piece base for the CZ550

#2 Post by TobyH »

Have you thought about one of these? 20 MOA built in....or something similar anyway.

lapua338

#3 Post by lapua338 »

The Nightforce Unimount is the ideal for attaching to firearms with an integral Picatinny flat top-type receiver, unfortunately, the Unimount is not designed to fit the square bridge receiver of a CZ550.

The US Optics 1-piece base/Picatinny rail with 20 MOA down angle built into the base is probably the best option but I haven't seen them available in the UK.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#4 Post by Mike357 »

lapua338 wrote:Hi Guys,

Is anyone aware of a 20moa-type rail for a CZ550 that is available in the UK?

Perhaps one that attaches directly to the integral dovetail or may require a minor amount of drilling and tapping, for example; the US Optics 1-piece base for the CZ550/750.

I know of a Weaver Adapter Rail manufactured by CZ-USA, which fits the 19mm dovetail but CZ-USA will not ship outside the USA. In addition, the Czech CZ webshop does not stock this item.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-19011/.aspx
Use a US shipping address?. Might work out cheaper, might be a little dearer but depends how much you want it!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
lapua338

#5 Post by lapua338 »

After spending far too much time "Google-ing" I've ordered the 1-piece CZ550 20moa base/rail direct from US Optics.

The total with shipping came to USD $160.56 and they hope to mail it out to me as soon as possible.