Ardesa Vortek ML Rifle

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Ardesa Vortek ML Rifle

#1 Post by Mike357 »

Sea Wolf tested his Ardesa Vortek Muzzle Loading Rifle today. .50 calibre rifled barrel which breaks like a shotgun so you can stick a shotgun primer in the breech. Fluted barrel with a muzzle brake and drilled and taped for a scope. Comes with Williams Fire Sights.

Takes 150 grains of BP and has a breech plug which you unscrew to allow you to clean the barrel like a shotgun.

Apparently sounds like an artillery piece on full charge.

Crazy bit of kit. Hopefully he'll be along to give a better review. I'll get some video next week.
Attachments
vortex12.jpg
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Ardesa Vortek ML Rifle

#2 Post by Sandgroper »

Looks like a Rossi or Harrington & Richardson action - it would be interesting to see if the barrel could fit onto my Rossi or H&R?
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
AL8

#3 Post by AL8 »

looks interesting
rocket-dog

#4 Post by rocket-dog »

What do British muzzleloader shooters think of these modern American inline muzzleloaders?
Scotsgun

#5 Post by Scotsgun »

Looks interesting and i'd love to try it. Especially test its accurracy. Unfortunately unlikely to be deer legal though.
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#6 Post by Sandgroper »

rocket-dog wrote:What do British muzzleloader shooters think of these modern American inline muzzleloaders?
I like them.
Scotsgun wrote:Looks interesting and i'd love to try it. Especially test its accurracy. Unfortunately unlikely to be deer legal though.
Possibly not the velocity for Scotland, but they would meet the energy requirements. I recall reading that APCO doesn't like the idea of using them for deer, because of the smoke and the lack of a follow up shot - but if you know what you're doing, you should only need one shot.

rocket-dog

#7 Post by rocket-dog »

Sandgroper wrote:
rocket-dog wrote:What do British muzzleloader shooters think of these modern American inline muzzleloaders?
I like them.
I think I would rather have one of those than a replica of an historic arm (as nice as they are).

This caught my eye as it is being made by a team of former Thompson Contender employees.

http://lhrsportingarms.com/Redemption.html

PS: I like TC stuff too. Quirky and well engineered stuff are always interesting to me.
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#8 Post by Sandgroper »

The Redemption is certainly different. I'm not sure about it's looks but it does appeal in a strange sort of way! :oops:

rocket-dog

#9 Post by rocket-dog »

Sandgroper wrote:The Redemption is certainly different. I'm not sure about it's looks but it does appeal in a strange sort of way! :oops:
As soon as I learned the team behind the rifle were former TC employees the why it looks like it looks became apparent.
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#10 Post by Sandgroper »

If LHR go down the switch barrel route and are cheaper than T/C, then I could be tempted. ;)