New GSG 1911 - First impressions

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Brookers

Re: New GSG 1911 - First impressions

#41 Post by Brookers »

qws wrote: Why not go down to Bisley at the end of month you can then also see the Sig P226 LBP from Icon and the Glock 17 LBP from Suffolk, you can then do a comparison etc - Specially before parting with the hard earned !!!!!! I am going to collect my new Sig from Mike at Icon Arms and also wanting to see the new Glock as I still have a second open slot for another LBP.
If you are Bisley on the Sunday come over to Butt Zero where some of us will be shooting the Practical Pistol match. I'm sure everyone there will be happy to talk through the kit they are using and I recon every LBP on the market will be in use there. Of course every shooter will claim that their chosen option is the best troutslapping Of course they are all wrong unless they are using a Low Mill 1911 green55

Brookers
qws

#42 Post by qws »

Brookers wrote:
qws wrote: Why not go down to Bisley at the end of month you can then also see the Sig P226 LBP from Icon and the Glock 17 LBP from Suffolk, you can then do a comparison etc - Specially before parting with the hard earned !!!!!! I am going to collect my new Sig from Mike at Icon Arms and also wanting to see the new Glock as I still have a second open slot for another LBP.
If you are Bisley on the Sunday come over to Butt Zero where some of us will be shooting the Practical Pistol match. I'm sure everyone there will be happy to talk through the kit they are using and I recon every LBP on the market will be in use there. Of course every shooter will claim that their chosen option is the best troutslapping Of course they are all wrong unless they are using a Low Mill 1911 green55

Brookers
Thanks for the invite, but I am only going on the Saturday, mainly to collect my new Sig P226 LBP from Mike at Icon Arms, plus picking up my Anvil Conversions Remington 1858 Nitro Revolver. Looking forward to my one day at the Phoenix, it will be my first time. Looks like I will have the whole weekend next year, may even enter a few comps, but not sure if good enough ? !!!
38Super
Home club or Range: FDPC

#43 Post by 38Super »

Of course most people have better taste in grip panels lol
BamBam

#44 Post by BamBam »

A local gun shop has the new GSG 1911 for £445-
Demonic69

#45 Post by Demonic69 »

£430 round these parts ;)
BamBam

#46 Post by BamBam »

Bloody hell, I'll keep looking...
Brookers

#47 Post by Brookers »

38Super wrote:Of course most people have better taste in grip panels lol
They are my team america grips, when it all goes wrong I can give the secret signal!
gasman

#48 Post by gasman »

sportsman gun had them for £413 !!
38Super
Home club or Range: FDPC

#49 Post by 38Super »

Just an update.
I put another 300 rounds through mine yesterday and only had 2 failures. (Technically 3 but me not putting the mag in fully doesn't count :oops: )
It appears I need to be careful how the mags are loaded. Pushing from the top instead of pulling the follower down and making sure the rounds are settled in the mag seems to work. Tried with both CCI Standard Velocity and Golden Bullet.

I got fed up of trying to find the extended mag bases so I've knocked up a couple of my own. So far is worked ok but more testing is needed and maybe longer springs. With these I can get 15 rounds in a mag and load on a closed slide for 15+1 total. I don't think I'm going to get much better than that.