red dots and other optics for LBPs

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

safetyfirst

Re: red dots and other optics for LBPs

#11 Post by safetyfirst »

I use a laser on my K22 for ammo testing, it's a good way to "bench test" a pistol.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#12 Post by Mike357 »

Lasers are banned in competition, seems like a gimmick! Just sayin!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Dellboy
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#13 Post by Dellboy »

I tried a scope on my buckmark and found that there was too much shake
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

qws

#14 Post by qws »

Mike357 wrote:Lasers are banned in competition, seems like a gimmick! Just sayin!
I was reading the UKPSA rules for Open Match shooting and it only says iron and electronic sights can be used - and does not say lasers are not to be used ? So means Red Dots and lasers as both are electronic and battery powered. I may be wrong ? If so please advise where in the rules it mentions lasers are banned.

Thanks
safetyfirst

#15 Post by safetyfirst »

Lasers ain't used in competition because they're not there for accuracy placed shots, they're good for lots of things, very few of them civilian activities.

A laser that activated on draw or on trigger contact might be good for self defence I guess?

In use them on a pistol to eliminate the shooter, pistol resting in a vice or on a sand bag, laser on the bullseye. Good for shooting groups to test ammo.
sharps4065

#16 Post by sharps4065 »

Lasers are permitted in Open but, to quote a posting in the IPSC Global Village, are as much use as tits on a fish in competition and are purely w**k fodder lol

Be interested to see what IPSC suitable holster could cope with an underslung laser too.....
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#17 Post by mr smith »

qws wrote:
Mike357 wrote:Lasers are banned in competition, seems like a gimmick! Just sayin!
I was reading the UKPSA rules for Open Match shooting and it only says iron and electronic sights can be used - and does not say lasers are not to be used ? So means Red Dots and lasers as both are electronic and battery powered. I may be wrong ? If so please advise where in the rules it mentions lasers are banned.

Thanks

Mike will talking about gallery rifle rules.