P17 Rifle

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Sim G

Re: P17 Rifle

#31 Post by Sim G »

I'm good thanks. Busier than a bag of busy things!!!

The P17 is a top notch example. Cracking condition with lovely wood. However, if you're after totally original, it won't appeal purely for one reason...... it's been recently rebarreled by Fultons! So it will shoot forever. Well, at least a year by your standards of ammo use!

I don't think it would be cheap though, matey. My mate hunted high and low for a good one to go with his P14 and like you say, they are far and few between. He was actually a member of our club until him that should never have his name mentioned again, pi$$ed him off......

You driving again yet? And, did you hear about Gordon?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#32 Post by the running man »

hi,sorry to but in, my p17.is all original,what would you value it at?
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#33 Post by pe4king »

the running man wrote:hi,sorry to but in, my p17.is all original,what would you value it at?
RM personally Im not too sure on a value for yours there doesnt seem many available to compare, from experience live firing examples of other types of rifle tend to mirror deact prices saying that i have been offered one that is being brought over from the states for £600 I also have another one in the pipeline but no price as yet yours is a very nice example so I would say as always its worth what someone is willing to pay, I wouls also suggest that because of th qualities of the rifles tend to make people keep hold of them
just my 2d
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#34 Post by pe4king »

Got one, thanks to anybody who provided input
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
dirtbag

#35 Post by dirtbag »

I have one, love it, it is a beast. The P17 stocks appear to be more beefy than the P14 ones (mine anyway) Plenty of ammo around for them , surplus and Factory.
Mine is a Winchester, and has the home guard red band and a C broad arrow on the stock Canadian lend lease, now sports an original m1907 sling as well.
Shoots well

Hope you like yours
Attachments
04062011083.jpg
28032010394.jpg