Conditions of use

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Porcupine

Re: Conditions of use

#31 Post by Porcupine »

saddler wrote:
Porcupine wrote:Next on my list of wildly impractical toys that go bang is a straight-pull underfolding AK so I can shoot it like a pistol. The new side-folders just aren't the same.
A mate in the local club has a nice Russian made .223 AK74 look-a-like that is straight pull, side folding stock, etc.

Let me know if you'd like more info.
Getting an AK isn't a problem, plenty of those around. Problem is I want an underfolder:

As opposed to the side-folders that are common in the UK:

Unfortunately, I can't just go out and buy one of the easy-to-find Saigas and fit an underfolding stock, the receivers are different and they don't make underfolders any more. So I either have to import a milsurp under-folder and have it converted to straight-pull (and I've heard that supposedly a rifle must be built as a straight-pull in order to be legal, not sure how true that is or how one would meet the conditions e.g. borrowing a receiver from a semi-auto) or have a receiver modified to accept an underfolding stock. Preferably I'd like the genuine article as opposed to a hack job, I'm fond of the Yugos.