Slug Shooting

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

saddler

Re: Slug Shooting

#21 Post by saddler »

Would there be any interest in some Lyman or RCBS 12-ga slugs on here?

Have a couple of moulds, so MAY offer some of the plain slugs once I get more lead sourced and have a couple of nice days when I can get some serious casting done...

The one I am thinking of is:

...as it can be used in a normal star crimped case, but I also have the mold for

as well.

Given the cost of primed shotshells - it may even be worth me offering to re-size & re-prime used shells that folk on here have - as I have a couple of presses that would do the job with very little effort.
Due to haz-mat regs, it may be of more use to the chaps in the North-East England/Scottish Borders & Lowlands area

Was shooting in Fife area yesterday. There is about to be a new pistol range set up with S1 solid slug on the range safety cert.!!!
bigteeth

Oh, joy!!!

Better get some axle grease on the Hornady 366 - there'll be some ammo to crank out in the next few weeks once its opened.... :flag6:
Sim G

#22 Post by Sim G »

Jon,

I'll have some of the Lyman slugs off you! I've been wanting to try these, but don't want to spring for the mold in case they're crap in my gun......
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G

#23 Post by Sim G »

saddler wrote: may be of more use to the chaps in the North-East England/Scottish Borders & Lowlands area

Racist!! :55: :55: :lol:

bigteeth
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
saddler

#24 Post by saddler »

Sim G wrote:Jon,

I'll have some of the Lyman slugs off you! I've been wanting to try these, but don't want to spring for the mold in case they're crap in my gun......
PM me your address - have a few I can send in the post tomorrow for ya

I can also re-prime cases for you - just thought it may be a pain given the distance (unless it can be timed to co-incide with one of my trips Sarf...)
MAY be easy to work out - mail a batch of used shotshells to me a couple or three weeks prior to a Bisley meet or other show - I then resize & prime them & fetch them down with me

I have even offered to loan my s/g reloading press to one of the lads on here, but his Mrs would not let him play with it due to shortage of space (mainly, coz I think he may have had a cunning plan to bolt it to her ironing board!!)
saddler

#25 Post by saddler »

Just checked the prices. Looks like I can get CCI shotgun primers for £54.50...not sure how long it'd take me to re-size/re-prime 100 shells (normally do smaller batches, but not too long - probably 20 minutes or so as the 366 press is quite fast)